Friday, November 17, 2006

Family Visit

My older brother paid me a visit earlier this week. It's been 5 or 6 years since I've seen him or any of my family. That's beginning to change.

During the time he was here, I was proud to show off my new home to him. He has been through the panhandle before, just passing through, but has never seen the "Real Texas" until now. The Palo Duro Canyon and the other natural wonders of the panhandle will escape everybody that hugs the interstates. That is very apparent to him now. One of the things that really amazed him was the physical size of a purebred longhorn. It's a massive animal, indeed.

He was to fly back on Wednesday, but got bumped from the flight when they needed extra fuel due to a strong headwind. Not a problem, they put him up in a really nice Holiday Inn, fed him, and took him back to the airport where he completed his return trip without a hitch. The airline was very accomodating, and even gave him a generous travel voucher for another trip. If given the opportunity, I will not hesitate to fly Great Lakes Air. I was really impressed!

It was a great week. I enjoyed having him here, and he loved my new home - the panhandle itself, and my friends.

3 comments:

Bud said...

I'm glad you had a good visit with your brother, and got to show him some of the "real" Texas.

Take care.

Jeanne said...

I am so glad you had such a lovely visit.
It all begins and ends with family.
Happy Thanksgiving my friend to you and yours!
Love Jeanne ^j^

Dale said...

Yep, it's been a long time coming. Eventually, I'll get to show the others my new home. :)

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving weekend!