Saturday, September 15, 2007

That Just Burns Me!

Yesterday at work, I was helping a buddy with some soldering he needed done on a handicap door switch. It had been a long time since anybody used the soldering iron I needed. Like a dummy, I picked it up and ran my fingers down the length of the iron. Big mistake. Some Bozo left it plugged in. Smoke rolled off the iron, and I felt that burning sensation aross the tips of 2 fingers and a thumb. Boy, did I feel stupid! I took proper immediate action and ran cold water over my little fingers for about 15 minutes or so to remove the heat before it got too deep. So far, no blistering or anything - and I can still type just fine! :)

Update - Monday, 17 September 2007
Fingers are doing great. I never got any blisters or anything. Healed up really good. All it took was a little first aid - running cold water over them right away. The cold water or ice treatment is not to be trivialized. It works!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

I hope you are doing well.
Blessings!