Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Hello, My Little Friend!

Monday morning was an interesting one, to say the least. It started out like normal, nothing unusual in the air. I got to work, checked in with the boss like always, grabbed my clipboard full of jobs and headed out in the truck. A coworker joined me when I got to my appointed rounds, since we've been working together repairing lights all around campus. As we were sitting in the truck making our game plan for the day, I noticed a little squirrel scampering up the tree next to where we parked. As we conferred on the coming day's events, the squirrel started down the tree, stopped and looked at us. That's when it got weird. I swear to God, this part really happened – and I had a witness!

Well, as the squirrel was perched on the tree trunk no more than 6 feet from us (head down, tail up), he lifted his right front leg and waved at me/us! He raised it up and lowered it 3 or 4 times in succession. Yes, he waved at us! And, yes – I waved back. After this little incident, he moved down the trunk a few paces, stopped, and raised his left front leg once as if to say “Good Bye!” He held it long enough that he could have been waiting for me to high five him. Well, I waved back again and that seemed to satisfy the little guy. He then proceeded to go about his business.

I've never had anything happen quite like that before. Rest assured, that sociable little fellow was the talk of our day!

3 comments:

Shelley said...

What was in your coffee?

Dale said...

Beats me, but it had to be some pretty good stuff! ;)

Jeanne said...

Blessings...........
I love all God's fur angels and believe they send us many messages and teach us so much.
Be well my friend.......