Thursday, May 22, 2008

Interesting Day

It was an interesting day today. I got to watch a house being moved off campus property, to some unknown destination. They are making way for expansion of the campus. Didn't have my camera, so I can't show you. *G*

As I was going about my daily duties, I saw a young fledgling mourning dove hunkering down by a concrete wall. I thought it might be injured, so I approached it to see if I could help in any way. As I neared, he flew about 20 or 30 feet down the wall. I let it be. During my break, I got my camera and took this shot:


Not long after I got home this evening (about rush hour), we heard sirens - lots of 'em. I took my camera and went over to the freeway. Yep, there was a wreck. Here is what I saw:






I don't know what his condition is, but it appeared he was wearing a helmet. This was a single-vehicle accident. I hope he's not too bad off.

.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

The little dove is so precious. Good catch!

Dale said...

The dove and firemen are my two favorites of those shots.