Thursday, September 10, 2009

I Remember.

Do you?

I remember seeing where one plane hit the first tower.

I remember watching the TV and seeing the second plane hit the tower.

I remember thinking at that point, "That was not accident. We are under attack."

I remember "that feeling" in the pit of my stomach.

I remember the towers falling - from the safety of my couch.

I remember thinking "Put me in, coach!"

I remember the skies falling silent.

I remember our Canadian friends coming to our rescue by taking in our people.

I remember wondering when it would end.

I remember thanking God for brave Americans like those on Flight 93, who prevented far more loss of life.

I remember how Americans from all walks of life, all beliefs, and all political persuasions were as one.

I remember September 11, 2001.

I long for the attitudes of September 12, 2001.

Do you remember?

Do you really?

Let us never forget - anything.

Semper Paratus.
.

No comments: