Sunday, January 20, 2008

Customer Disservice

Doesn't it make you wonder? Are there any companies/corporations that actually want to keep their customers, and consider them the life blood of their existence? I have my doubts.

I just had to call Travelocity last night - again - to see why I haven't gotten the refund they promised me. I had a reservation I couldn't keep due to reasons outside my control. I thought maybe I needed to do something I hadn't. The representative I spoke with when I cancelled my trip was really nice and helpful. Unfortunately, he apparently didn't follow through with his assurances and promises. When I talked to the lady rep this time told me another agent apparently didn't follow through. Of course, she went through their typical apology spill and this time assured me I should see my refund in 7 - 10 business days. It's already been the promised 30 days, now it will be another two weeks, I'm sure. We shall see.

I have never had a legitimate problem with any company, and not had to call them repeatedly. I don't get it. In this age of high-speed communication and the ability to transfer money in the blink of an eye, why can't (or don't) they use that ability to keep their customers happy? They can take money from their customers in a fraction of a second, but they can't give it back using the same technique? I don't buy it.

It's not just a "money thing". Even when just looking for information, it's a nightmare to find a telephone answerer that knows the answers. If it isn't on the computer screen, they can't tell you what you want/need to know. Frustrating.

********

Neighbors.

For most part, ours are pretty good. They mind their own business, keep watch on each other's houses when requested, and are friendly enough.

There is one set of neighbors, though. The kind you would [stereotypically] find in a ratty single-wide mobile home. The odor of pot and God knows what is not uncommon wisping from their house. Their parenting ability is highly in question, as are the visitors they frequently have. They have dogs in their back yard, and I guarantee you they don't know the first thing about raising one. Occasionally, they have a young pit bull there - chained to a car with an inadequate chain. They (the people) are loud and obnoxious, their characteristic quarrels are a public display. Just what I want to experience: marital bliss of a bunch of miscreants. They are "trashy" in the literal sense. Not at all uncommon to have to dig out trash from our rose bushes between us. As I type, there are a couple of short lengths of 12" plastic pipe in them. At my first opportunity, they will be in the dumpster.

If they were the type of people that could be talked to about their "low-rent" habits, I would. Unfortunately, when they are obnoxious enough, the police have to be called - anonymously, of course.

There's always one.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I agree, good customer service is hard to come by..even those who when you call say "this call may be monitored for quality control" What a joke. I don't know if its the company or the incompetent people they hire who really don't care about business or only a paycheck. Get through this call an on to another..call centers.

I've had experience with those kinds of neighbors. You just have to shake your head and wonder how they manage. (and hope they move!)