Saturday, January 05, 2008

A Walk Into The Past

I went to a flea market today and had a great time. It was in the 70's, and there were about 50-60 vendors, most of which were indoors. The store fronts were in the Western small town style, complete with wooden sidewalks.




There were all kinds of things, as you might expect - even a shop selling birds.



One of the shops I seem to frequent are antique shops. The more I do, the more I take a stroll down Memory Lane. Here are a couple of things that brought back memories of my childhood in Iowa.
I don't know exactly when during my childhood, but this dinette set is vivid in my memory. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was just like one we had.


I don't know whose this was, but one of these was in our home, too.

One of the vendors had some hand-crafted angel ornaments crafted from.......well, maybe I better show you first.
Believe it or not, these are real, natural cotton bolls. I never would have believed it!



One of the things I picked up was a soap dish. Thought my Mom would like it. On the back, it says:
ROYAL ALBERT
Bone China
England
Lavender Rose



As the day wore on, the winds whipped up a good bit of dust. Other than that, it was a perfect day!


2 comments:

Jeanne said...

What a delight all the treasure troves.
Fabulous indeed.
Blessings!

Shelley said...

Your mom will love that. So delicate and feminine. You did good. We had a chrome dinnette like that too. Ours was gray.