Saturday, February 16, 2008

Icy Weekend


Ice2
Originally uploaded by HighPlainsDox
Last night brought us a bit of ice in the form of freezing rain and drizzle. We are still under a winter storm warning until tomorrow morning. They are forecasting up to 3" of precipitation, and that is expected to be snow starting later today or tonight. I'm kind of glad to see it. We need a lot of precipitation to get our water levels up. The lake we get a large portion of our water from is looking pretty pitiful, being at record low levels. Right now, I'll take all I can get.

Later this month, I'll go for my Storm Spotter recertification. Hopefully, we'll get a good supply of severe weather this year - if only for the sake of getting lots of rain. And, I'm really wanting to get some good shots of tornadoes and other stormy goodies. :)

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Makes me shiver. Nice macro!