Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Storm Spotting


Lightning Strike
Originally uploaded by HighPlainsDox
Tonight I took my Storm Spotter recertification class. Every year about this time, they hold class at our city's Emergency Services building. Our severe weather season begins next month, so it comes at the right time for the info to be fresh in our heads when we go out into the nastiness.

One of the things I've been wanting to do is get a good shot or two of a real, live tornado. Not to mention storm clouds, lightning, and all the fury nature can throw at us. There is something ominously beautiful about severe weather that I find captivating. I'm kind of anxious to stretch my new camera's legs on stormy weather, too. Hopefully, we'll have plenty to choose from. Our NOAA meteorologist at the NWS here says it looks like it may be a lackluster year - unless "La NiƱa" peters out early. When it boils down to it, I guess they don't really know. *G*

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I love that lightning shot!