Sunday, October 26, 2008

Gordon Lightfoot

Tonight Shelley, her brother Steve, a friend of his, and I went to a Gordon Lightfoot concert. Even though 70 years old now, he showed great stamina as he tirelessly performed a few hours of his songs. About half of them were his big hits like, "Sundown", "The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald", "Rainy Day People", "If You Could Read My Mind", etc.


After the concert, he met with a select group of fans (meet and greet) with us as part of that group. He is a very likable man, and appears to be a down to Earth kind of guy. He was very friendly and patient as fans took and re-took photos with him until they got good ones. It was a good night.

.

2 comments:

Steve Douglass said...

Yes- it was a good concert. Very mellow and very enjoyable.

I play "Rainy Day People" whenever I go storm chasing.

-Steve

JunieRose2005 said...

Oh!

We're big Gordon Lightfoot fans too and got to see him last year in a concert here in Florida. My husband and I had seen him several years ago ,also, in Miami but we didn't get to meet him!

I have always heard that he is a very nice man!

Hope you and Shelley/Artsy got some pics