Friday, October 17, 2008

Lost

On the night of October 7th, our little boy Bat had an upset stomach. He started to throw up, and I hurried him outside to keep from making a mess in the house. That was the last we have seen of him to this day. I'm trying to hang on to some hope that he'll appear, but it gets harder every day.

Every evening after work, I go to Animal Control's shelter to see if he's been picked up. Still nothing. Every evening after work, I check the latest daily DOA list to see if he's been listed there. Still nothing. I don't know how long I will keep this up. I don't want to give up on him. I find myself hoping the worst case is that he got kidnapped and is being held by someone who is taking care of him. He wouldn't like it at first, but would likely settle down for them after a little while.

Every time I drive up from work, I miss him greeting me. I miss him blocking my computer with his body, looking for attention. I miss him sticking his butt in my face when I try to do email or photos. I miss him laying on the couch beside me when I'm eating - and politely putting his paw on my leg, patiently waiting for his morsel when I'm done. I miss him putting his "hand" on my belly, as if to check to see if I'm "full". I miss him putting his forehead against mine while I scratch his cheeks and neck. I miss him "doing his feets". I miss him chasing the laster light. I miss him gently gnawing on my fingers (like a dog would) as I play with him.

I have never had a 4-legged "pet". I've only had 4-legged kids.

Bat, you are my little buddy. I'm not giving up on you.


2 comments:

Shelley said...

Look at that face! I sure miss him.

Dale said...

I miss him a lot too, Shell. I never should have let him out.