Saturday, April 21, 2007

A Country Called Texas

I have a group in Flickr, called A Country Called Texas. It is a photo gallery that I invite Flickr photographers to share their "Texas" photography in one place. I was directed there today, pointing out that there are 455 members that do share their photographs - nearly 8,000 of them! They have done a fantastic job of showcasing our state - from the people, to the scenery, to the cities, to the weather.....and on and on.

I must ashamedly admit that I hadn't checked on my group for some time, and had no idea it had grown so much. Last I knew, there were a hundred or so that have shared a few hundred photos. Today, I posted a "thank you" to the members thereof, and spent some time looking at all of the photos that have been submitted.

I am truly amazed! One in particular that struck me was this one:

Not only does this one scream "Texas!" (and is an excellent composition), the story in the description makes it a perfect photo. Be sure to click on it and read Dusty's story.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Wow..looks like you have a hit on your hands!!!

Dale said...

Yeah, I just wish I took it. ;)