Sunday, April 08, 2007

Crafty Again

Over the last couple/three months, I've been working on a new project - a wall clock. It was a slow process. I bought the parts I needed at JoAnn Fabrics.

I started with a board (the edge already shaped) a little over 8 1/2" x 11", some boiled linseed oil, and a clock kit. I began by hand-rubbing the linseed oil into/onto the wood. I'd rub a bit, let it dry for several days, then rub again. This is what took the longest time, obviously. After I got the finish where I wanted it, I chose a photo of mine that I thought would look good on it. I chose one of Palo Duro Canyon. I printed it out on glossy 8" x 10" photo paper, drilled the hole in the wood for the clock hub, glued the photo to the board with "Mod Podge", a common scrap-booker's glue/sealer. Then I mounted the clock movement to the board, and installed the hands. I chose to only use 4 of the numbers, to prevent obscuring the photo excessively. This is the result:

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Gorgeous creation.
Keep up your many talents.
Blessings to you and yours.
Love Jeanne ^j^

Dale said...

Thank you, Jeanne! My best to you and yours.

Shelley said...

Looks very nice!! Keep being crafty.

Dale said...

Why, thank you, ma'am! :)