Saturday, May 05, 2007

Garage Sale Season

It's garage sale season again. :) Today I hit the first ones of the year - for me. (Yes, I do that!) Among the treasures we found today were some ceiling fans we've been wanting. At one place, they had 3 fans for sale with light kits attached - 5 blades and 4 lights per fan. One was marked $7.50, but had some screws missing. When I asked if they worked and if there were any screws for them, he just told me to take them - no charge, and that he'd make it right with his wife. After I made sure he was serious, I thanked him profusely and loaded it up in the truck. We left that sale to get something to eat, and decided to return to see about buying two others. Those were marked $15 each, but I only had $20 with me. Got back there and asked how much he'd take for two more of them. He said $25 at first, but then I told him I only had twenty. That was good enough, 'cause he told me to pay the lady and take the two I wanted. Can't beat that! I got 3 good, clean ceiling fans with lights for only $20.00! When we got home, I promptly started the installation process, but had to go buy a hanger bar (and some replacement blade screws) for it first, since this was a "remodel" situation. A little bit later, and we had a functioning fan making the house much more comfortable. :)

Worst thing I could do was to score like that. Now I'll have to keep garage sale-ing.

1 comment:

Bud said...

Sometimes you can pick up good bargins at flea markets. I love ceiling fans.