Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day 2007

Today is the day set aside for us to remember the fallen. We must never forget that our soldiers, sailors, and airmen have made our country what it is by their selfless service - in spite of our politicians. Past, present, and future, the cost of our Freedom and Security has been (and will continue to be) some of our servicemen's lives. Let us not forget the sacrifice they have made (and will continue to make), so that we may enjoy the life we have. Let us not dishonor them or their sacrifice, by trivializing or politicizing them or their service.

In Remembrance Of Our Fallen Comrades.
May their souls rest in peace.

--ooOOoo--

Over recent weeks and months, many changes have been experienced by me and my adopted family. Four people in my life have passed on to their new Home. Three were members of my adopted family. One of them was one of my rescuing angels three years ago. The fourth was my brother's granddaughter, shown below. My great niece Kaylee Jo struggled for only 9 days before going to her Maker. One of her two memorials were held at my brother's home yesterday. Another will follow at my nephew's home in North Dakota.

--ooOOoo--

Some of these changes demanded a "new home" for the sake of moving on. We worked at giving our home a new "homey" look. In doing so, we moved a lot of stuff out, did some major painting, added some new furniture, etc. - in two rooms. It worked. It does feel like a new home. After a break today, we'll attack another room.

--ooOOoo--

This year so far, we have been blessed with twice the normal rainfall. It is sorely needed. Last year's drought has caused our lakes to fall far below their "normal" levels. Even though we have received twice our normal rainfall so far this year, it hasn't made much of a difference in those low levels. It would take almost a "40 days and 40 nights" rain to fill them back up. I have yet to hear anybody complain about rain here. It is a valuable and sometimes rare commodity here. Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain!

--ooOOoo--

In a couple of weeks, I will celebrate the third anniversary of my arrival in the Texas panhandle, where I started a new life in my new home. Thank you, my rescuing Angels.

--ooOOoo--

May you all find safety and security in the coming days/weeks/years. Never forget who made it possible.

--ooOOoo--

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Blessings to you and yours.......
Be well my friend!

Shelley said...

Wonderful tribute.