Sunday, June 03, 2007

I Need A Fix

It's been a busy few weeks. We've been doing a lot of fixin' up around the house - painting, etc. This weekend, I had a job to do for a lady on the west side of town. It's the first real electrical job I've had in about a year and a half. (My job is more with heating systems now, than electrical.)

We also took the time to do some much needed work in the yard today. She potted some flowers she's been wanting to plant, and I mowed the lawn (again) and cut out some dead and annoying branches out of some trees along the driveway with my pole pruner.

We've got new neighbors on both sides of us now. We've only met one family. They are a young couple with a 3 y.o. - almost. He's a little cutie. They seem to be all right. He even came over to help unload a dryer off our truck - while he was unloading a trailer of his own, moving in. Haven't met the others yet, but I've only seen a youngish mother and a couple of kids so far.

What's this about a "fix"? Well, we haven't done any serious [photography] shooting. Today, I shot almost half a roll of film on one Mississippi Kite, sitting on one branch in a tree in front of our house, doing absolutely nothing. I can't show you yet, 'cause the roll isn't gone yet. I could have used my digital for some of them, but I really do prefer film.

Been kinda busy lately, and the place is looking great. One of these days we'll be out in the world again, shooting to our heart's content. :)

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Really nice photograph and enjoy your days.
Love to you and yours