Monday, April 14, 2008

The Cross

We took a little jaunt with Shelley's brother yesterday. We went to The Cross at Groom, TX. They say it's the largest cross in the western hemisphere. Of course we had our cameras with us. Every time we go there, I manage to see different views in the various stations around the cross, as well as the area around it. Maybe the light changes, maybe I just see things a little differently each time.

The expression on His face caught my eye this time.



The sun's sparkle at the juncture of the arms was captivating.



This one was a powerful statement that did not go unnoticed.



What can be said here? A visitor was reflecting.



This view had escaped me before.


This is one of my favorite "short jaunts" and I always look forward to visiting it. The wind was pretty brisk, but we managed to carry enough ballast with our cameras to keep us from blowing across the panhandle. We did not do the gift shop this time. That might be a good thing. ;)

.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

I love those sculptures. Your photos turned out nice. I haven't even looked at mine yet.

I love you.

Dale said...

You should. I'll bet you've got some really good ones. :)

I love you, too.