Tuesday, August 12, 2008

CatDog "Tails"

Lately, I've noticed more and more that one of our boys has become increasingly attached to me. Chip is constantly by my side these days. He usually lays on the table right next to me, but is often laying right in front of my notebook computer - so I can hardly type. A time or two he was literally laying across my forearm - the one I use the mouse with. Probably the strangest (for him) thing he's done is....

One day he was laying across the table, right in front of my computer as mentioned above. He stretched out to take a nap right there, and put one front paw on my chest. Normally (in his past life) this would be a precarious position, since very little would incite him to slash. Not this time. I took his paw in my hand, where he gently laid his other front paw in my hand. There I sat, with two Maine Coon paws in my hand - that previously would have resulted in a merciless slashing of whichever of my body parts he could reach.

Not sure what to make of his increasingly passive behavior, but I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts. :)

.

No comments: