Wednesday, August 06, 2008

I Got Published

I had a pleasant surprise in my EMail box this evening. A news outfit (FireRescue1.com and the Associated Press) wanted to use one of my photos.

http://www.firerescue1.com/news/423297-9-feared-dead-following-Calif-fire-helico\
pter-crash/


I didn't charge 'em for it, but left specific conditions whereby they
could use it (and kept copies of our communications). To tell the
truth, I don't think I would know how to go about charging for it -
the legalities and self-protection and all. For now, it's good enough
for me just to get my name "out there".

(And, yes - I did save copies of the article/page as HTML and PDF to
use as a tear sheet some day.)

If anybody ever sees it in hardcopy print, please let me know which
paper, etc., so I can get an original news copy.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Thats very cool. I'm so proud of you.