Monday, September 01, 2008

Bobbing For Fish


Egret - IMG_5055
Originally uploaded by HighPlainsDox
Shelley got the idea to take our cameras to a local lake today, and I naturally agreed. We were hoping to find more waterfowl than we did, but what we found kept us busy. As we were shooting ducks and grackles, I looked up towards another section of the lake just to the right of where we were shooting. There stood a Great White Egret, knee deep in water. This is one Shelley mentioned it would be nice to find there today. Ask and ye shall receive, I guess. :) We spent some time trying to get a sequence of shots of him spearing fish, but when they strike, they strike! This is the quickest we could start shooting each time he went after a snack. (Click on this photo to see the full-size image and the rest of the series.)

4 comments:

Shelley said...

It was a great afternoon--and for my camera too.

Dale said...

It was! You got some really good shots!

Want to do it again this evening? :)

Loretta said...

OK, are you guys talking about taking pictures ... or was something else going on????? I get the feeling it was a little cozy there. ~sigh~

Dale, tell Shelley that I get to be "flower girl", and if she starts laughing and giggling, just smack her for me. Cause you know, not everyone could have a 54 year old flower girl. *I'm "unique"!

Hugs, Loretta

Dale said...

I've heard about you, Loretta! ;) (J/K) You might have to fight a little girl for that position. *G*