Sunday, March 29, 2009

Apologies - and an Explanation

If there is anyone you know could see this blog before, but can't now - it's because I have made it private, for select persons. If you can see this, you are one of them. (If I missed anybody, I apologize. Let me know and I'll consider allowing them to visit.) I really don't need to, but I feel like I should explain.

You see, I work for a largely liberal institution. No, there's nothing wrong with being liberal. It's not a dirty word. The concern comes with me being quite conservative, and expressing my personal views here on my blog where the whole world can see. Those views often grate on liberals to the point that it could harm my employment situation if the right person(s) would visit here. I have personally heard those with liberal beliefs repeatedly express hate towards those who have differing opinions, to the point of wishing them dead! Some of my posts here echo some of these situations.

Can somebody tell me why this is? Why is it that you can have a differing viewpoint from someone and they wish you harm because of it? Is this what the Freedom of Speech is all about? Free Speech is ok as long as you agree with me??? I'm sorry, but I don't agree with that concept.

I enlisted of my own free will in the 'Nam era - with no coercion, and I served my Country to help preserve its Freedoms for all of us - even the ones who wish me harm for not believing like they do. Is it too much to ask for the same consideration? I have no problem with others having different opinions than me. It would be nice if the converse would be true without fear of retribution. Unfortunately, many who preach "Free Speech" put delimiters on it. That is NAZI crap.

A scary philosophy is rampant these days. "Mine is good. Yours is not." Too many people are looking for "What's in it for me?" They don't think in terms of "What's best for our Country?"

"My special interests are good. Yours must go."
"My Free Speech is good. Yours must go."
"My beliefs are good. Yours must go."

That is not a principle this country was founded on. It's what our forefathers were escaping. Too many people are filled with hate. They hate you and wish you harm for believing or thinking differently than they do. They hate you just because you are a Republican or Conservative - or should I say, because you are not a liberal or support liberal causes. I'm sorry, I just don't understand this. I cannot comprehend it.

Anyhow, that is why I made this blog private. If you still return here, apparently my posts aren't too distasteful to you. I thank you for your tolerance. I am not branding all liberals as haters, wishing others harm or death for not agreeing with them. Unfortunately, far too many I encounter in the real world are like this. I have never heard a conservative wish anybody dead or express hatred because they have differing opinions. I am not naive enough to believe it never happens, but I've never seen it in any of the people I encounter. This is my personal experience.

Thank you for being here and tolerating my thoughts and beliefs. I promise you, I will always have the same consideration for you - I don't care what your thoughts and beliefs are. If I am wrong, please tell me why. Personally, I think it's really sad when it comes to this.
.

No comments: