Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Preparations

Tonight I am preparing for somewhat of a milestone in my life. I'm making sure I have all I need to accomplish it - fully charged batteries, cleaned-up and ready CF cards, etc.

I've been a photographer "wanna-be" for a while now, and have been taking it seriously for about 4 or 5 years. I've graduated from a film SLR and a digital point-and-shooter, to a digital SLR that I've had for a little over a year now. A few days ago, I delivered some photos I shot at a ground breaking to the head of Marketing and Communications where I work as a maintenance mechanic. That same day, I got a call from her with a job - a paying job! Tomorrow after work, I will be shooting a reception for a well-known celebrity. It's just one shoot, but "ya gotta start somewhere!"

It's kind of hard to believe, but it's what I had hoped for - to be able to make some extra money with my photography to augment my retirement - when I get to that point. This may be the first step towards that goal. I hope it all goes well, and that my client is well satisfied.

No comments: