Sunday, October 15, 2006

Picture Frame Mats

Over the last few weeks, I've been delving into a tangent to my photography. I am now cutting my own mats for my photos and frames. Basic hand tools allow me to make anything I see at the stores, and at the same time allow me to customize mats for odd sized photos that would normally have to be special ordered. I've only done rectangular mats to this point, but I can do anything but circles and ellipses. I'll be able to cut out letters and other block shapes without too much trouble.


This is the latest one I cut. It's a simple 8 x 10 photo for an 11 x 14 frame. I donated this matted photo to a silent auction that will benefit The Downtown Women's Shelter.




3 comments:

Shelley said...

Letter mats would be neat too. That is cool that you're learning all that.

Bud said...

That's good you can cut your own mats. They charge a fortune for that in the craft stores.

Dale said...

Thanks, guys. They have pre-cut ones at Hobby Lobby, but there are times when a custom mat is needed.