Sunday, October 22, 2006

Today's Venture

Most of you know that I've been dabbling in cutting my own mats for photo framing. This morning, still in my sleepwear, I embarked on something a little different. I had the strange idea to make my mat opening(s) match the general lines and "feel" of the photo that I would make a mat for. I looked through my archive and one photo jumped out at me. It had the "feel" of being diamond-shaped, so that's what I did. I used some black mat board I just bought, and started cutting. I made it for an 11 x 14 frame. This is the result, after putting it in a simple document frame.


While heading out to get the frame today, some unusual cloud patterns were in the sky. This one looked like one helluva tornado - but in an otherwise clear blue sky? Hmmmmm..... I hope the crows were flying under their own power. ;)

6 comments:

Shelley said...

I love the mat..has depth and the cloud formation is neat..and does look like the form of a tornado! How cool.

Dale said...

Thank you, Shell. :)

Shelley said...

Welcome Dale!

Jeanne said...

So very lovely indeed!
Blessings!

Susie said...

Great photo! It does look like a tornando and those crows are just caught up in it!
Just stopping in to say thanks for visiting me Dale. Hope you'll stop by again...

Dale said...

Thanks, guys! :)