Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Recent Events

Over the weekend, I went to Santa Fe hoping to get some good fall color shots in the Sangre de Cristo mountains. From there, I had intended to see the mass ascention at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta.

Saturday was a great day in the mountains, albeit a bit hazy. Had a great time, with many beautiful sights of and from the mountains.
Hermit's Peak near Las Vegas, NM, is clouded in a haze that was typical of the weekend.


(The above shot was taken at 10,000 feet elevation.)

The Aspens were nearly barren above 8,000 feet, save for a few tops that still had some stubborn leaves hanging on.

The mass ascention Sunday morning was a bust. The weather wasn't good enough, with the low ceiling and rain/thunderstorms crossing the Albuquerque area. Unfortunately, it was called off Sunday. Maybe next year.

All in all, a very good weekend.

On Monday, I had to go for jury duty - 2nd elimination. I was there from 9:00am until 7:00pm. 50 or 60 of us were in the pool, and they finally picked the 14 "winners" at 7:00. What a long day! No, I wasn't one of the lucky winners. I got sent home.

4 comments:

Shelley said...

Its always nice to get away for awhile. I love the aspens.

Bud said...

Those are beautiful pictures.

Dale said...

Shelley, I love the way the leaves seem to shimmer in the light.

Thank you kindly, Bud! :) Hope you've been doing ok.

Jeanne said...

Gorgeous photographs Dale!