Saturday, August 11, 2007

Shooting Stars

We went outside of town tonight to check out the meteor shower. It wasn't extremely active, but we got to see maybe a dozen or so, a few of which were pretty dramatic. One in particular was throwing a lot of sparks behind it, traveling relatively slow - a really nice one! It's been far too long since I've been out seeing the bazillions of stars in our night sky. I think we'll try again tomorrow night.

As we headed home, after 11:30, a state trooper stopped us. We were going at least 5 under the limit, and wondered why he would stop us. Was it a drunk check? Nope, not this time. He told us that my front right headlight was out - just the low beam. I swear I didn't even notice. I'm pretty picky about all of my lights working. If one goes out, I fix it right away. I don't care if it's a little marker light. Anyhow, he was really nice and just gave me a warning. Not a problem. I'll just go to Wally and pick one up. I thanked the trooper and we went our separate ways.

No comments: