Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Timber!!!!

Today after work I mowed the lawn, did some edging, and generally got the yard looking nice again. After doing the cutting, I was working on putting the "things" back in place (flower pots, chairs, etc.) when I noticed a 3 or 4' long, 1 1/2" diameter branch that fell out of the tree - right where I mowed in the back yard. There was no wind or anything, no reason for branches to fall out of the tree. Shortly after I found it, I heard a creak and small "crack". A little later, another...then another. I hightailed it for the house, and only got about half way when that branch's mother came crashing down! I looked back to where I was standing, and it would have missed me where I was. I didn't know that when I heard the cracking. Nothing like a large branch in the tree next to you giving way, to get your blood pumping.



I've known it for several years, but to me, this is proof that Someone "up there" is watching over me. Had I been mowing around the tree when it began cracking, I never would have heard it. We were the recipients of a couple of extra blessings today.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

May angels bless you and protect you always.
Blessings to you and yours.
Jeanne