Sunday, December 09, 2007

Ice and Snow

Last night, things got a bit chilly for us. This morning, we woke up to ice - mixed with a bit of snow, but mostly ice. We're supposed to get some more tomorrow. Maybe we'll get lucky and get a "snow day" and get to stay home.

I ventured out a little while ago to check out the situation. Not real bad. The ice is the crunchy/crusty kind, but where traffic has been on our street, it's been slicked up a bit. I headed out to get he salt left over from last year, break it up since it clumped up in storage, and start de-icing. It's been said that I live for wintry weather, but not really. I just don't let it bother me at all. I was born and raised in Iowa, so nasty winter weather isn't a big deal - just takes a little adjustment.

Hopefully, things won't deteriorate and get too icy. I don't care what kind of vehicle you are in, nothing does well on ice. Unfortunately, some people think since they have a 4WD, they are immune to going sideways - and they find out otherwise. No, it's not just 4WD owners. They're great when they are driven properly. A lot of people over-drive situations. When icy, it all comes to light.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Blessings and keep safe.
Love to you and yours
Jeanne