Saturday, December 29, 2007

Impulse Buying?

I sometimes kid a female friend about shopping, but last night I proved that I am prone to a bit of impulse buying. So, I guess can be a target of those ribbings, too.

Many of you know that I am a bit of a photographer wannabe. Well, last night I went to Wal-Mart to get some Cokes ("pop", "soda", and "soft drinks" for non-Texans) and water. Well, I often wander through "guy stuff" when I'm there and last night was no different. As I passed by the photo department, a camera caught my eye. Earlier in the day I had been thinking that film has been getting to be a bit of a PITA, sadly. Too many times, the photo shops' developers are down, they don't have my CD's ready when they say they do (often the next day!), the images are seldom what they should be (exposures never consistent), and when things go wrong at the developer, I get the runaround and even lies. It gets old. Anyhow, I fought with myself for a while as I drifted around the store getting what I came for. The end result is that I caved in. Yep, I went digital. I bought the Canon Rebel XT 8mp. Maybe I shouldn't have with all that's going on in my life, but I did.

For me, it was a big step. I've been a film fan forever, and now this! Egad!

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Enjoy your new camera.
Blessings

Shelley said...

You caved! Good for you. You'll enjoy it.

Dale said...

Thanks, guys. Now all I need to do is work my trigger finger. Got things to learn. *G*