Thursday, July 24, 2008

Kingbird 01


Kingbird 01
Originally uploaded by HighPlainsDox
This is the first of a 7-shot series I posted on my Flick'r space. None of the 7 have been edited. I am still learning to use my Digital Rebel XT, and I think I'm making progress. This is what I strive for - to make my photos come out of the camera and not need editing.

The Western Kingbird is a bug eater, an insectivore. They are a lot of fun to watch, their "antics" and maneuverability as they hunt and catch their food. This appears to be a young bird. Its overall appearance, and the fuzz/hair around its beak suggest he is a young one. These kingbirds don't much care for Mississippi Kites hanging around them at times. Some of my photos show them attacking the kites, who are quite able to make quick work of the kingbirds.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Your bird shots are so good!

Dale said...

Thank you, Shell. I'm learning. :)