Tuesday, September 26, 2006

A Chapter Ends

I've been a patron of Delphi Forums for years. I've had some forums of my own, and helped moderate other forums. I made some friends there - my only friends for a while. Some of those friendships have become very strong. I have many fond memories of the time I spent with my friends there over the years. I met my bestest ever friend there, the one who is still my bestest friend. It is kind of sad in a way, in light of all the memories I've made there. Those memories will always be. The new memories I make will only accent them.

My membership is due in another couple weeks. I decided not to renew my subscription, and have cancelled my accounts with them. I no longer exist in Delphi Forums. The pleasure I've experienced there is gone. The most profound thing that comes to mind is the intolerance that some have of others' thoughts and opinions. The atmosphere has become somewhat stagnant at times. IMO, if one cannot enjoy what he does - for pleasure - there is not much point in doing it.

Delphi has over the years increased the cost:perk ratio to the point that it isn't really worth it any more. The $15/year price has quadrupled for practically basic service. IMO, their plan options have become a bit too expensive for what they offer. I'll pass, thanks.

So ends another chapter of my life. I still have this blog, and my photo galleries. I can be contacted through those sites by Email if anybody should choose to.

3 comments:

Bud said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bud said...

Dox, I hate to see you leave Delphi. I'm sure you've weighed all the pros and cons in making this decision. Take care and take care of your friend, she needs you support and help.

Dale said...

All things happen for a reason, Buddy. It feels like the right thing to do at this point. You never know, I might reappear there sometime. Time will tell.

You take care of yourself too, my friend! You know how/where to find me. :)