Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Uncle's Passing

Today I got word that one of my uncles passed away. He had some problems over recent years, but nothing that would indicate he was going to leave this world. He had a stint, and some kidney problems of late. He was in the hospital for some test(s) or procedure, but nothing that would suggest a chance of not coming out. Anyhow, he wears one of those mask thingies for sleep apnea. While he was sleeping, his wife noticed a difference of sound - and then realized he wasn't breathing. Don't know why he stopped, but he did go quickly and painlessly in his sleep.

He was always a kidder. While he was in the hospital this time, he told some nurses that he wanted to take a bunch of them home with him. His wife told him that if he did, they'd have to have a bigger house. :) I remember when visiting them, he'd always be a kid with us, playing and kidding around just like one of us. He was a good man. May he rest in peace.

oo00OO00oo

Next month, I'm planning on going to Santa Fe and Albuquerque for a weekend. I'm hoping for the colors to be at their peak (or near it) in the Sangre de Cristo mountains. I'm about due for some fall color shots. With any luck, I've got it timed right. We shall see.

The international balloon festival in Albuquerque is going on at that time too, and I am wanting to get some good photos during the mass ascention. If I get lucky and fill up a few rolls with good shots, I'll post some here. (You can also keep watch on my Pbase galleries. I post some of my better shots there as I get 'em.)


3 comments:

Shelley said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Uncle, Dale. I lost my favorite uncle in July to Parkinson's, so I know what a loss it is.

My Uncle's son, who is my first cousin has a very nice nature blog here:
http://wolves.wordpress.com/

mrybjxrn Mr.Ybjxrn?

Dale said...

Thank you, Sadie. It's been many years since I've seen them at all, so we weren't that close at this late stage. Even so, my aunt was happy to hear from me after work. He was a real good guy, putting his family first.

I've seen the wolf site, thanks. You have an interesting family.

dledbr

Jeanne said...

I am very sorry to hear your Uncle passed away.

Blessings!