Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Jury Duty

For the first time in my life, I've been summoned to jury duty. I went to the county seat today to go through the preliminary screening. This will be a district court case - Capital Murder. Talk about starting off with a bang! Wow! It should be interesting. Next month is the trial, and they will select 75 jurors out of the 130 or so that were summoned. I have no idea if it will be sequestered or not. I hope not, 'cause it's supposed to last a couple weeks anyhow.

Many would/will try to get out of serving, but I won't. I feel it's my duty to serve. It will be an experience, for sure.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

I was called to a capital murder case once. I was in the jury pool but didn't get selected. I was glad too as the case turned out to be 6 weeks long! Sequestered.

Bud said...

Be sure and take plenty of your cookies with you. : )