Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Let There Be Rain!

Tonight is one of a series of nights that we've had rain come through. Although short-lived, they have been pretty strong storms and sometimes with large hail in isolated areas. Tonight we are seeing less severe storms with longer lasting rains. The thunder's been rolling, lightning, heavy rain. No severe storm watches or warnings in the area. We seem to be getting the drenching we've needed. There ain't no way we'll get enough to get the lake level up, but it will green things up a bit more. And, to top it all off - I might get some more lightning shots when it passes. WeatherTap radar shows 80-100 strikes per minute on the back side of the rain. That would be perfect! After the rain stops, I can set up on my front porch and see it all!

That is, unless it peters out. *sigh* My fingers are crossed.


***Update***

I got a shot or two off the front porch before the flurry of lightning was supposed to come around on the back side of the storms. Unfortunately, it's not going to happen. While radar shows bunches of lightning strikes, the sky isn't showing it. Well, the lightning strike function is a beta function. I guess I'll have to be content with this one:

Yep, I do like it! Might be my best with the Rebel XT so far.

.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Blessings
Glad the rain came.
Gorgeous photography as always.
Blessings to you and yours
Jeanne