Sunday, July 30, 2006

Connecting

Tonight I spent about 40-45 minutes talking with my Mom via the computer. (Skype allows me to make regular phone calls from my keyboard using a headphone/mic.) We mostly engaged in small talk - the weather, siblings, etc. Some serious stuff like the divorce, my credit damage, and my job and stuff.

It was a good conversation. It felt good. Many more will come, I'm sure. I'm glad I can freely communicate with my family again.

Yes, I told my Mom I love her. That's something that hasn't been done over the years. It's long over-due.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh I am so happy you are reconnected with family.
It is so important and fabulous for you and for them.
Blessings!
Happy Birthday today Dale!
Blessings
Your friend Jeanne

Thanks to Shelley for introducing us.
I love you and Shelley as my friends.
Be well
Have fun

Dale said...

Thank you, Jeanne. You are truly special. Shelley did good when she introduced us. I love you as my friend as well. Friends such as you are gifts from God.

My family has been too distant for too long. It's not their fault. It's mine. I am making amends, and it does feel good.

Take care, my friend! Have a great day!