Sunday, July 30, 2006

Grille Mishap

Today, I was seasoning a new cast iron griddle we got for our gas grille. After oiling it down, it was put in the grille to bake for an hour or so. Yep, grilled a griddle. Too hot to do it in the oven. Turning it every 10 or 15 minutes, it appeared to be progressing quite well. About half an hour into it, I put another coat of oil on it, and spread it around appropriately with a basting brush. Dummy me! The brush was the plastic/nylon kind....the kind that melts when it gets against something hot. When I pulled the brush back, the bristles were a little shorter and rounder than they were. Needless to say, we had to get another one. We need longer bristles than what it had. Enter the natural boar bristles.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Roll eyes! Ya silly!

Dale said...

What can I say? LOL!