Friday, July 28, 2006

Future


What lies ahead for me, now that my divorce is final? Will I pursue another life, one that has slipped by me in past years? Will I regain what I had lost out on in a different place and time?
It's normal for reactions to surface that would have fears materialize that I would abandon my new life, my sanctuary, the place I have called "home" for over two years. But will I not throw away everything I've come to know and love with my new life.

I will stay here at home - my state, my city, my residence. Yes I will regain ties with my family, long since neglected. I will continue rebuilding my life, with all that goes with it. I will do so from the safety and sanctity of my Home. I will not push my friends aside. I will not abandon them. This is my Home, in every sense of the word. Home is where people accept you like no other place. Home is where one feels safe, secure, and where he belongs. That place is right here.

Yes, my son and his family have a special place in my heart - even though they are so far away. It is our reason for being, to raise our kids to be good, responsible adults - able to lead their own lives as we would have them do. My son has become exactly what I have envisioned. He has his own life, his own family, his own business. Our communication will improve, and lives will be intermingled again, but from a distance. There will be times we will meet and be able to look each other in the eyes again.

My priority is to expand on a full life, a happy life. I am happy right here, like never before - in my new Home. I was given a gift of a new life. I will cultivate it. It will grow and become even better. I will do it from Home - from Amarillo, Texas. Some things are priceless.

I am Home!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

I am very happy for you that all things are coming to a closure and a time for new beginnings.
Blessings for bright beautiful tomorrows!