Monday, July 31, 2006

Another Chance

I had another chance to try out my [possibly] defective lens last evening. We had a pretty good sunset.

I cleaned my lens contacts before going out, since the aperture was stuck shut when I last used it that morning. Well, as shut as it could get anyhow. I took a common, red pencil eraser and rubbed it over the contacts on both the camera body and lens itself. This is one of the best ways to clean gold or gold-plated contacts. One just has to be very careful not to get any of the eraser bits in the camera. I had a can of air duster with me to blow out any particles that might have stayed behind. Anyhow, things seemed to go well, and I had no more malfunctions while shooting the sunset. Here is one of the shots I got.


Hopefully, cleaning the contacts will take care of that little malfunction.

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Blessings to you and here's to many more beautiful days and photographs ahead!
Blessings!

Shelley said...

So peaceful.

Jeanne said...

Happy Sunday Dale.
Blessings for a fabulous Day!