Sunday, August 06, 2006

Ups and Downs

I am continuing to open communications with my family, and my son and his family. Over the weekend, I gave my boy the number to my cell phone - a TracFone. Actually, I text messaged his wife first by mistake. She called, and well, she's a great kid, but has this tendency to talk....alot. That's not cost-effective with a pay-as-you-go cell service. Anyhow, I text messaged my son right afterwards, and he called to confirm that he got it ok. I've also given him a new Email address that I hope will work out better, with much more space and all.

On the down side, my main camera lens (28-80 mm) is still giving me trouble. It wants to keep shutting down the aperture as far as it can. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and replace it. I'm just glad it's not a really expensive one. I should be able to replace it for less than $200. I've got an "extra" check coming in a couple weeks, so maybe I can do it then. We shall see. I guess for now, I'll have to consider my telephoto/zoom (75-300 mm) lens my main lens.


4 comments:

Jeanne said...

It is great that you are reconnecting again.
Fabulous!
I hope all goes well with your lens.
Blessings my friend
Jeanne

Dale said...

Thank you, Jeanne. It does feel good to be able to freely communicate again. :)

I found a Canon lens at a good price. In a couple weeks, maybe I'll be able to get it. :)

Shelley said...

Take care, Dale!

Dale said...

I will, Shell. Thank you!