Friday, August 11, 2006

Crafty

I got a bit crafty today. This shadow box I created is representative of my service in the U.S. Coast Guard. The Texas State Flag was flown over the state capitol. These flags are not sold. The medals are the National Defense Service Medal that was awarded to me for my service during time of war. I enlisted and served out my 4 years during the VietNam war. The one below it is the Coast Guard's Expert Pistol medal. Qualification criteria is the same as the Navy's. The picture of me was taken in early 1977.

5 comments:

Shelley said...

It turned out great! You should be proud!

Dale said...

Thanks! I am a proud American and Texan.

bligiud

Rosa said...

Thanks for visiitng! Love your shadow box. It's is wonderful. I've always wanted to make one with various items but was afraid to do it. Yours is just perfect! P.S. My dad was from Texas, so that makes me part Texan--as Shelley knows!)

Dale said...

It was really easy, Rosa. You can do it, too! :)

I first came to Texas in the summer of '04 - first time in my life. Does that make me more or less Texan? If it came up, I'd tell [whoever] that I'm more Texan, 'cause I chose to be here. ;) LOL!

eyvihwp

Jeanne said...

Fabulous!