Thursday, August 10, 2006

Take The Wheel

A dear friend of mine is going through some stressful/fearful times in her life. I grasp for the right things to say, to help ease the turmoil. They aren't there. I feel so helpless, that I can't make it all go away, and make it possible for her to live with inner peace.

When things get out of control, and it seems that your life is going to hell in a handbasket, there is really only one thing that can be done. You have to let go - and let God handle it. You've got to have faith that He will provide whatever need you might have, now and in the future.

A song by Carrie Underwood comes to mind. The chorus says it all:

Jesus take the wheel
Take it from my hands
Cause I can't do this all on my own
I'm letting go
So give me one more chance
To save me from this road I'm on
Jesus take the wheel

When things get unbearable, and it seems like there is no way out - there is always a way. Let "Jesus take the wheel". He will help, but you have be willing to see it and accept that help. Let your troubles go.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

4 comments:

Shelley said...

What a beautiful post! You're certainly someone special.

Dale said...

I'm just me....but thank you anyway. :)

ieatkde

Bud said...

I'm sure hopeing that everything comes out good in her life. All you can do is pray that things will be ok.

Dale said...

...and I have been, Bud. I have faith that everything will work out.

:)

kpoopqhq