Sunday, August 13, 2006

Pleasant Surprise

A friend I haven't heard from in a while Emailed me about a week ago. It came to an Email box that I am going to let go, and haven't checked it in a while. It was Ted Williams' eldest daughter. Yep, the baseball legend that played for Boston - his daughter.

When I got her Email, I remembered that just a couple days before she sent it, I was at the Panhandle Plains Historical Museum. One of the first thing inside the doors was a baseball display. In it among other things, was a picture of Ted Williams and a baseball that bore his signature.












It was a pleasant surprise, indeed! :)

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Wow. Did you send her these pics? I'm sure she'd enjoy them.

Dale said...

No. I was going to send her a book I got, but she told me that it made her uncomfortable, considering the legal fight she had been through about her Dad. I don't want to presume that she'd want to see them right now. We'll see how the Emails go. :)